Sunday, December 7, 2008

To be a child


I came into the kitchen one evening after putting the kids to bed and found these three guys protecting the contents of my drawers. I had to chuckle to myself, Travis of course. Childhood is such a fun time, a fleeting time, and kids are very creative. I remember using bread pans as showers for my barbies. I found the below quote on the internet. It was a good reminder to me. Sorry I don't have the source.

If a child is to keep alive his inborn sense of wonder, he needs the companionship of at least one adult who can share it, rediscovering with him the joy, excitement and mystery of the world we live in.

Before we know it they will all be grown up and out on their own. Enjoy the journey!!!

Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Rasmussen Forever said...

That's so sweet!

The Holland Family said...

I laughed out loud. That is so cute. It's especially nice to find it when they are all in bed. Trav is such a cutie.

Staci said...

Hey,
I was told that you know Ms./Mrs. Utah and she might be a good keynote for next year's Women's Forum? What do youthink? Will you give me a call 616-1230 so I can discuss it with you. I have been meaning to talk to you about it for a month now. Please let me know what you think?
Thanks,
Staci Wright

Monica said...

Shellie,
You have such darling kids! I love them and of course my kids do too!!!! We can't wait to see you guys again!
Love ya,
Monica

Lucky Me said...

I love the fun spirit of boys. I especially love to see their imaginations at work. So fun.

Josh and Emily said...

So cute! I love the things kids think of. Are you coming at all up here for Christmas?