Monday, March 1, 2010

Visit to Great Grandpa

This weekend Clay got the chance to go to NASCAR with his brothers. They scored some free tickets, they could not pass up. They had a great time. The kids and I went to St. George on Sunday evening to pick up Clay. While we were there, we went to visit my Grandpa Gates and my step Grandma Coleen. Grandpa had a minor stroke two weeks ago. He is recovering well but it made me realize that he isn't going to live forever. I wanted to get a picture of him with all three if my children, because I didn't have one. Clay met us there and we all had a good visit. Grandpa is always so fun to visit with. He has great stories and loves to talk about the important things in life. Grandma Coleen has the best toys! She is an avid thrift store shopping. She buys and scrubs the toys until new. Over the years she has accumulated a great collection. Here are the Stewart Boys from Tropic, Clay's dad and his three brothers. They took a brothers road trip to New Mexico a few weeks ago. They stopped at our house briefly to pick up something and it about killed Uncle Max to pose for this picture. They are four of the greatest men I have ever met.

1 comment:

kabonic family said...

What a great picture! I don't think that I have seen Max for at least 8 years. You know, all men don't like their picture taken, but in the long run it is FUN to look back and remember them at that time.