Sunday, April 26, 2009

Spring Sensational

Saturday we had the RED ROCK DANCE ACADEMY'S spring recital. I was very happy how it turned out. The dancers all preformed really well. They looked so beautiful and gave it there all. I was so proud. The support from the dancers families and the community was outstanding. We had a big crowd to cheer us on. Many of my family members came to help with the recital. Thank you to those who came. I am so blessed to have such a supportive extended family. Being so busy, I didn't get too many picture but here are a few. Here is Macie in an Abby sandwich. Such pretty girls!!!!
These are a few more of my dancers. I wish I could put pictures of them all on here. These girls are my girls. I love watching them grow up from year to year. I see their love of dance and their abilities increase each year. It is very rewarding. By the end of the night my cheeks hurt from smiling. I was so happy to see the dancers find excitement and joy in a job well done after so much hard work. What a great life lesson to learn.
Kallie and I preformed at the concert. It was so much fun to be onstage again. We did a number called "Razzel Dazzel" she had done on Cruise ships years ago. We wore these costumes along with white gloves and top hats. It was a character dance that reminded me of something you would see before a magic show. I wouldn't have done this last year. There is defiantly more confidence in pairs. Kallie has been a wonderful partner. It is so nice to have her to depend on. She is such a good person and a great friend. Thanks Kall for all your hard work!!!
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Stubbs Stuff said...

The recital was outstanding! We loved every dance, they were all so cute and clever. Everything went great. Thanks for all your hard work.

Camie Walworth said...

Shellie-
I am so impressed...i so wish I could have been there...I loved going to your recitals in college!! Way to go!!

Camie

Kall said...

Shellie...it was sooooo fun performing with you. I am so blessed to have you as a partner! Its been a great adventure and we've had lots of fun!!! I love those girls!

Kall said...

We must dress up in these costumes again and get a more flattering pic eh?!

trishanna said...

wow shell tahts so awesome! those girls are so lucky to have you for a teacher!

Josh and Emily said...

Shellie! That is so great that everything went well. You look amazing and I wish that I could have been there to see you dance. I don't think I could do a dance if my life depended on it! Great job!

The Bonham Family said...

Wish I could of been there. You look great in your costume:)

Lydia said...

Miss Shellie...I will miss seeing you every Monday, can I just come and be the door greeter? My age qualifies me. The recital was such a great time, and those two cuties dancing the opening number...well, now! Such good times, and thank you for the bread I ate it all by myself.