Saturday, March 28, 2009

Lets Climb a Mountain

Out of the blue one day Travis declared that he wanted to climb a mountain. This was about two weeks ago when the weather was so beautiful. I put off the request for a few days, but finally gave in. Luckily squaw trail head is only about mile from our house.
At first Travis tried to go straight up the cliff face. After he was half way up and terrified, I coaxed him down. I introduced him to the concept of a trail the, safer prepared way, which he accepted only after he tried it his way first (isn't there an eternal lesson in this?) Nate and Travis climbed, ran, jumped, galloped and leaped all the way to the first look out.
It was one mile up and one mile down. I was so impressed that Nate walked most the way. I carried him only the last stretch to the van. It was such a great morning. Does anyone know any other fun hikes close to Kanab? I want to take advantage of the cooler spring before it gets to hot to hike here.
Happy but exhausted boys. I recommend a morning hike for a guaranteed 12:30pm nap.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Lucky Me said...

I loved this hike. We went on it so many times. But it was the only one right there we really did, We 4-wheeled everywhere else. What lucky boys you have.

The Holland Family said...

What a good mom you are. We did the hike about a week ago. Kicked my butt. Hike the K hill next week. It is a good one. Nicole

Rasmussen Forever said...

That's so awesome! Your boys are so cute and amazing. I'd love living out in the country and having all of nature to surround me. Thanks for the hiking tip, I'm definitely going to take my kids out for a walk.

Kall said...

so I think we should do the K hill together with kids like Nicole said!!!

trishanna said...

that looked so fun! you have inspired me to go hiking, i live at the foot of a canyon for heaven sakes, i should be going all the time! i miss you!