WARNING- The following blog entree is extremely sappy
Isn't it ridiculous how we get attached to objects and material things. In the grand perspective they don't really matter and we can't take them with us and yet we get so attached. I think what we do is associate events, feelings and relationships with objects. It is truly the memories and the relationships that mean so much not the object it self. Such is the case with me and this cute little house. Clay and I (and kids) lived here for three years. It was really hard moving and leaving the home we created. Clay and I worked hours and hours on our house and the yard. Leaving the neighborhood our friends and ward family was also difficult. Many of you may laugh when I tell you we moved less the 2 miles away but even that short distance does make a difference. Here are a few of the highlights/events that occurred while living in the house. Macie started pre-school and kindergarten, she lost her first tooth and 5 more, she learned how to ride a bike, she learned how to talk back and sass her mother. She played hours and hours with friends in her room, bathroom and in the yard. Travis turned one, he learned how to walk and talk, he learned how to sleep through the night, he learned how to pump on the swings. We brought Nathan home from the hospital to this house it is the only house he has ever know. He is two now. He had a hard time with the move. A couple days after we had moved we went back to our old house to get some things and he cried as we drove away. It broke my heart.
This is the new house. The kids were so excited to have stairs. We have so much more room in this house. Macie and her friends won't have to turn the bathroom into a playhouse. I have so much storage. I have living room without a TV in it (yeah!), actually there is nothing in it right now. We didn't have enough furniture to fill the space but I am sure that will change in time.Isn't it ridiculous how we get attached to objects and material things. In the grand perspective they don't really matter and we can't take them with us and yet we get so attached. I think what we do is associate events, feelings and relationships with objects. It is truly the memories and the relationships that mean so much not the object it self. Such is the case with me and this cute little house. Clay and I (and kids) lived here for three years. It was really hard moving and leaving the home we created. Clay and I worked hours and hours on our house and the yard. Leaving the neighborhood our friends and ward family was also difficult. Many of you may laugh when I tell you we moved less the 2 miles away but even that short distance does make a difference. Here are a few of the highlights/events that occurred while living in the house. Macie started pre-school and kindergarten, she lost her first tooth and 5 more, she learned how to ride a bike, she learned how to talk back and sass her mother. She played hours and hours with friends in her room, bathroom and in the yard. Travis turned one, he learned how to walk and talk, he learned how to sleep through the night, he learned how to pump on the swings. We brought Nathan home from the hospital to this house it is the only house he has ever know. He is two now. He had a hard time with the move. A couple days after we had moved we went back to our old house to get some things and he cried as we drove away. It broke my heart.
My favorite part of the house is the balcony. It is just perfect in the evenings. The view is so beautiful. I am looking forward to the many memories we will make while we live in this house, which should be a long time (moving is such a hassle). I am looking forward to our new ward and the new friends we will meet. I am truly grateful for the blessings I am always given.


7 comments:
holy cow! look at that back balcony!
I really liked this post, sappy and all. it's all true.
I still dream about the house I grew up in, frequently. There is something about "home" that never leaves us. Enjoy your new one :)
I am glad you are settled in. I still have fond memories of each of the places we have lived in. It is strange to drive by the "empty" house now. We miss you guys, good thing we know where to find you!
Yeah! We are glad to have you out here!!
How fun for you guys!! I agree, every house we have ever had has had the best memories. The balcony looks so much fun! I hope we get to come see it in person this October when we go to St. George!
I'm going to miss having you in the third ward! You were the best young women teacher-then sunday school teacher ever!! The 4th ward doesnt desirve you in their ward. You should just come to the 3rd ward still! ;) BUT... You're new house does look awesome. I want a balcony like that!!
I have to admit I get sad everytime I drive by your old house. It's so inconvenient of you to make me drive 2 minutes to your new house, instead of the 10 seconds I'm used to. How will I ever survive :) Seriously, we are going to miss having you in our ward and neighborhood! We are happy you have a bigger, better house though! We love you guys!!
We are so happy to "steal" you away from that neighborhood!!! We are excited to have you live by us, but realize it must be hard to leave a house for a new one. I look at pictures of other homes we've lived in and love to remember the wonderful memories that we have there. We need to get our little boys together soon! Yea! New neighborhood friends!!
Post a Comment